The British Railway Clock Specialist

For Sale

British Railway Clocks Restored For Sale or exchange

If you would like to look at Clocks relating to any of the Big Four companies Click on the Links below

Please feel free to enquire with any of you specific wants and I'll see if I can help. Click to view Large image

London Brighton & South Coast Railway 10inch ex Eastbourne

10 inch mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a cast brass bezel supplied to the LB&SCR in 1895 by Grimshaw Baxter & Elliott Ltd of London at a cost of £2-0-0d. The quality English chain driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates, which are held together by cylindrical pillars. A Mahogany case with a one piece turned surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical 19th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass lock, the back of the case is stamped 859B. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, B.R.(S) John Walker 1 South Molton ST London 859B. The Southern Railway clock records show that this clock was located at, Eastbourne Shed Foreman’s office and before that at Loco Running Redhill and originally HQ Engine Works, London Bridge.

£2300

London & South Western Railway 8 inch dial Mahogany cased fusee clock Ex Wimbledon and Hampton Court.

8 inch mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a cast brass bezel supplied to the LSWR in 1897 by John Walker of London at a cost of £2-12-6. The quality English fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates, which are held together by turned cylindrical pillars. A Mahogany case with a turned surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical 19th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass turn the back of the case is also stamped 7323 SW. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, B.R.(S) John Walker 1 South Molton St London 7323 SW. The Southern Railway clock records show that this clock was last in use at, Wimbledon  Divisional Managers office and previously at Hampton Court Platform.

£1900

GREAT NORTHERN & GREAT EASTERN RAILWAY 12 INCH DIAL TEAK CASED FUSEE CLOCK EX BECKINGHAM. GNR CLOCK NUMBER 254 CIRCA 1860.

12 inch teak cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the GNR around 1860 by Potts & Sons of Leeds. The quality English chain driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates held together by turned shaped pillars. A mahogany case with a one piece turned surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs, a spun brass bezel hinged on the left, the back box is of typical mid to late 19th century London design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass lock. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, LNER 7187 and clearly visible as ghosted lettering POTTS LEEDS. The London & North Eastern Railway clock records show that this clock was located at, Beckingham Station Waiting Room and was Great Northern Railway clock number 254. On close examination of this clock I would say its a John walker supplied clock probably bought in by Potts and dates to the early days of the GNR circa 1860. Beckingham was a former GN & GE Joint station in Nottinghamshire on the line between Donacster and Gainsborough closed in 1963.

£2100

GWR & LMS JOINT 12 INCH DIAL MAHOGANY CASED FUSEE CLOCK

12 inch mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the Great Western Railway circa 1890-1900 by Spirdion & Son Cardiff. The quality  wire driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has A frame plates. A fine mahogany case with a one piece convex and concave  surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs with the GWR numberplate removed from the left hand side and an LMS oval brass numberplate 15140 screwed to the right hand side, the back box is of typical late 19th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass turn. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing GWR in block and also visible is the original Ghosted dial writing Spiridion & Son Cardiff on the back of the dial and case is the written in pencil the GWR clock number 1347.  In the absence of both the GWR & LMS clock records it can be surmised that this clock was used on one of the Joint lines probably the Severn & Wye.

£2500

TAFF VALE RAILWAY 12 INCH DIAL MAHOGANY CASED FUSEE CLOCK

12 inch mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the Taff Vale Railway circa 1860-1870 by J.Collings of Cardiff. The quality English wire driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates with shaped shoulders and turned. A fine mahogany case with a 8 piece segmented convex and concave  surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs with a GWR numberplate 1790 fixed onto the left hand side, the back box is of typical mid 19th century design with two side doors and a bottom door with the lock removed and secured by a ball bearing catch, this would have been fitted by the GWR clock workshops at Reading and is a common feature on GWR clocks. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the GWR roundel logo and also visible is the original Ghosted dial writing J.Collings Cardiff. A superb pre grouping example.

£2500

LONDON BRIGHTON & SOUTH COAST RAILWAY 12 INCH DIAL MAHOGANY CHISEL CASED FUSEE DROP DIAL CLOCK EX Isfield Station.

12-inch Mahogany cased iron dial clock with drop to the case and a cast brass bezel supplied to the London Brighton & South Coast Railway in 1847 by Giles Coates of Pimlico London. The quality English chain driven fusee movement of typical London style has large rectangular plates which are held together by turned tapered shouldered pillars. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, B.R.(S) John Walker 1 South Molton ST London 176B. A traditional English drop dial clock case manufactured from mahogany with a single piece turned convex surround affixed to the back box by two battens with four tapered pegs, the back box is of traditional mid 19th century London design one side access door and a bottom door secured with a brass lock, the drop of the case features fine figured flame mahogany. The Southern clock records show that this clock was last in use at Isfield station booking hall. A rare and early LB&SCR clock.

£3250

Great Northern Railway 8 inch dial Mahogany cased fusee clock Ex Ancaster.

8 inch mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the GNR circa 1870 by John Walker of London. The quality English fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates, which are held together by turned cylindrical pillars. A Mahogany case with a one piece turned surround held onto the back box by two tapered pegs, the back box is of typical 19th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass lock and has the usual Walker cock beading to the bottom door. The original enamel painted iron dial with Arabic numerals and the legend BR 9506. The LNER clock records show that this clock was last in use at, Ancaster Wilsford Signal Box and was GNR clock number 806.

£1750

Great Northern Railway 8 inch dial Mahogany cased fusee clock Ex Grantham.

8 inch mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the GNR circa 1870 by John Walker of London. The quality English fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates, which are held together by turned cylindrical pillars. A Mahogany case with a one piece turned surround held onto the back box by two tapered pegs, the back box is of typical 19th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass lock and has the usual Walker cock beading to the bottom door. The original enamel painted iron dial with Arabic numerals and the legend BR(E) 9687. The LNER clock records show that this clock was last in use at, Grantham Station Parcels Office and was GNR clock number 771.

£1750

North Eastern Railway Oak cased Bracket clock Ex York.

North Eastern Railway 6 inch Gothic Style Oak cased silvered dial railway clock in a bracket style case with a rectangular cast brass bezel supplied to the NER around 1900.The quality going barrel movement has rectangular plates and are stamped W&H Sch which are the markings for Winterhalder & Hofmeier of Schwarzenbach Germany who were one of the top suppliers of this style of clock. The Gothic style Oak case with an ornate carved pediment base and columns has the LNER clock number 6802 engraved and wax filled on the back, the silvered dial is engraved and black wax filled with Roman numerals and NER 901.The London & North Eastern Railway clock records show that this clock was in use at York in one of the many offices. An impressive time piece that stand 16 inches tall.

£1450

Southern Railway 14 inch dial oak cased fusee clock ex New Hythe.

14 inch Oak cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the Southern Railway in 1939 by Grimshaw, Baxter & Elliott Ltd at a cost of £3-14-6d. The quality English chain driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates, which are held together by screwed cylindrical pillars. A Oak case with a four piece turned surround affixed to the back box by two battens with four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical 20th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass turn, the back of the box is stamped 10359. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, John Walker, 1 South Molton St London S.R. 10359. The Southern Railway clock records show that this clock was located at,  New Hythe Station Platform. New Hythe was a former SECR station between Snodland and Aylesford in Kent.

£1950

London Tilbury & Southend Railway 10 inch dial Oak cased fusee clock ex Stanford Le Hope.

10 inch Oak cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied by Potts & Sons of Leeds circa 1880. The quality English chain driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates held together by turned shaped pillars. A Oak case with a 8 piece segmented turned surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical mid to late 19th century design with two side doors and a bottom door secured by a brass lock. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, BR 14246, also visible is the original Ghosted dial clearly showing POTTS & SONS LEEDS. The London & North Eastern Railway clock records show that this clock was located at, Stanford-Le-Hope Station.

£1950

Copyright © 2020 RAILWAYCLOCKS.NET All Rights Reserved