The British Railway Clock Specialist
10-inch oak cased iron drop dial clock with a spun brass bezel manufactured for the NER by W.B. Headlam of Stockton On Tees circa 1870. The quality early English fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates with shaped shoulders which are held together by turned shaped pillars, these features point to a movement made in the period 1860 to 1870. The original White enamel painted dial displaying bold Roman numerals and the legend L.N.E.R. 2680 and is ghosted W.B.HEADLAM N.E.R. STOCKTON ON TEES. The case is a traditional English clock case manufactured from fine figured oak with a turned segmented surround affixed to the back box by two battens with four tapered pegs and a Lenticle window with an ornate surround, the back box is of traditional mid-19th century design with two side access doors and a bottom door secured by a brass lock. The LNER records show that this clock was last located at Danby Station Signal cabin (Box). Danby Wiske was a former North eastern Railway station between Northallerton and Darlington. A nicely proportioned clock.