The British Railway Clock Specialist
8 inch mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a cast brass bezel supplied to the LSWR circa 1870 by John Walker of London. The quality English fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates, which are held together by turned cylindrical pillars. A Mahogany case with a one piece turned surround held onto the back box by two tapered pegs, the back box is of typical 19th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass lock and has the usual Walker cock beading to the bottom door the back of the case is also stamped 3908 SW. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, B.R.(S) John Walker 1 South Molton ST London 3908 SW. The Southern Railway clock records show that this clock was last in use at, Plymouth Friary Station Masters Office and before that at Queens Road London East signal box.