The British Railway Clock Specialist
12 inch teak cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the LSWR circa 1870 by John Walker of London at a cost of £3-0-0d. The quality English chain driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has large rectangular plates, which are held together by cylindrical pillars. A teak case with a four piece turned surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical late 19th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass lock and has the usual Walker cock beading to the bottom door. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, B.R.(S) John Walker 1 South Molton ST London 5333 SW. The Southern Railway clock records show that this clock was located at, Gillingham station Shunters Lobby and previously at the Booking Hall at Earlsfield Station.