The British Railway Clock Specialist
12 inch mahogany ebonised cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the LYR in the mid to late 19th century by John Agar of Bury. The quality English fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates which are held together by turned pillars. A Mahogany ebonised case with a one piece turned surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical mid to late 19th century design with two side doors and a bottom door secured by a brass turn, the top of the back box retain the original LYR steel number plate 2412 and Location plate Dist Goods Office Bury and the bottom of the surround has a LMS brass oval numberplate 13235. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, B.R.(W). This clock was originally located at BURY in the district goods office and in LMS days transferred to Cheltenham Spa Lansdown station and due to Boundary changes in the 1950’s transferred into Western Region stock and subsequently repaired and repainted at the former GWR clock workshops at Reading, its last known location was the Permanent Way office at Cheltenham Spa St James. A well traveled Clock! Click on the image below for a close up of the original LYR Plates.