The British Railway Clock Specialist
12 inch Mahogany cased drop dial fusee railway clock with a cast brass bezel supplied to the Great Western Railway circa 1920 by H Williamson Ltd of London. The quality English chain driven fusee movement with Harrison’s maintaining power is in fully overhauled condition and has rectangular plates which are held together by turned screwed pillars. A Mahogany chisel bottom trunk case with a four piece convex surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical late 19th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass T bar turn, the GWR ivorine numberplate 1774 is screwed onto the front of the case. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend G.W.R. in Roundel. In the back of the case is a label showing this clock was originally restored and sold by DR DR Parr in 1996. A fine and desirable GWR clock.