The British Railway Clock Specialist
8 inch mahogany cased iron dial clock with a spun brass bezel manufactured for the Great Northern Railway circa 1870–1880 by John Smith of Derby. The quality English chain driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates with shaped shoulders which are held together by turned tapered pillars, these characteristics point to a clock manufactured between 1870-1880. The white enamel painted dial rewritten in the post grouping style displaying bold Roman numerals and the legend B.R.(E) 9336, surrounded by a spun brass bezel. The LNER records show that this clock was originally GNR clock No 903 and its last known location was Newark Northgate Cotham Signal Box.