The British Railway Clock Specialist
10 inch Mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the GNR around 1870 by Potts & Sons of Leeds. The quality English chain driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates with shaped shoulders and cut out to the bottom which are held together by turned pillars with central rings. A Mahogany case with a 8 piece segmented turned surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical mid to late 19th century design with two side doors and a bottom door secured by a brass lock. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, L&NER 9347. The London & North Eastern Railway clock records show that this clock was located at, Harby & Stathern Station and was used in the station signal box. Harby and Stathern was on the GN & LNW Joint line between Melton Mowbray and Nottingham.