The British Railway Clock Specialist
8 inch Oak cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the Southern Region of British Railways in 1949 by Grimshaw, Baxter & Elliott Ltd at a cost of £7-6-8d. The quality English fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates, which are held together by cylindrical pillars and the plates are stamped with the movement number 18470. A totally original Oak case with a four piece turned surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs. The back box is of typical 20th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass turn. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, B.R.(S) 10909. The Southern Railway clock records show that this clock was located at, St Margaret’s Station Booking Hall. St Margaret’s was a former London and South Western Railway station in Middlesex on the line between Richmond & Twickenham.