The British Railway Clock Specialist
8 inch mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a cast brass bezel supplied to the LSWR in 1882 by John Walker of London at a cost of £3-3-0. The quality English wire driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates, which are held together by turned cylindrical pillars. A Mahogany case with a turned surround held onto the back box by two tapered pegs, the back box is of typical 19th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass catch the back of the case is also stamped 5002 SW. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, B.R.(S) John Walker 1 South Molton St London 5002 SW. The Southern Railway clock records show that this clock was last in use at Gunnersbury Acton Lane Signal Box.