The British Railway Clock Specialist
12 inch Mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel, supplied by Darling & Wood of York circa 1870-1880. The quality English fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates with turned pillars. The case made out of mahogany with mahogany veneer to the drop, the bottom door is secured by a brass turn. The dial bears the writing LNER 6177, and retains its original ornate hands. The LNER clock records show that the clock was last in use at Heslerton Station (Cabin) Signal Box. Heslerton was a former North Eastern Railway station between Malton and Scarborough.