The British Railway Clock Specialist
10 inch Oak cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the NER around 1880 by Potts & Sons of Leeds. The quality English chain driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates held together by turned shaped pillars. A Oak case with a 8 piece segmented turned surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical mid to late 19th century design with two side doors and a bottom door secured by a brass lock. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, BR(NE) 5686. The London & North Eastern Railway clock records show that this clock was located at, Port Clarence and was used in the Junction signal box.