The British Railway Clock Specialist
12 inch mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the LSWR circa 1870 by John Walker of London at a cost of £3-0-0d. The quality English fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates, which are held together by cylindrical pillars. A Mahogany case with a one piece turned surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical late 19th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass lock and has the usual Walker cock beading to the bottom door. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, B.R.(S) John Walker 1 South Molton ST London 2830 SW. The Southern Railway clock records show that this clock was located at, Guildford Loco Engine Shed which was one of the last steam sheds on the Southern region closing in July 1967.