The British Railway Clock Specialist
8 inch mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a cast brass bezel supplied to the LSWR in 1897 by John Walker of London at a cost of £2-12-6. The quality English fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates, which are held together by turned cylindrical pillars. A Mahogany case with a turned surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical 19th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass turn the back of the case is also stamped 7323 SW. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, B.R.(S) John Walker 1 South Molton St London 7323 SW. The Southern Railway clock records show that this clock was last in use at, Wimbledon Divisional Managers office and previously at Hampton Court Platform.