The British Railway Clock Specialist
10 inch mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a cast brass bezel supplied to the LB&SCR in 1895 by Grimshaw Baxter & Elliott Ltd of London at a cost of £2-0-0d. The quality English chain driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates, which are held together by cylindrical pillars. A Mahogany case with a one piece turned surround held onto the back box by four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical 19th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass lock, the back of the case is stamped 859B. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, B.R.(S) John Walker 1 South Molton ST London 859B. The Southern Railway clock records show that this clock was located at, Eastbourne Shed Foreman’s office and before that at Loco Running Redhill and originally HQ Engine Works, London Bridge.