The British Railway Clock Specialist
8 inch mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the GNR circa 1870 by John Walker of London. The quality English fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates, which are held together by turned cylindrical pillars. A Mahogany case with a one piece turned surround held onto the back box by two tapered pegs, the back box is of typical 19th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass lock and has the usual Walker cock beading to the bottom door. The original enamel painted iron dial with Arabic numerals and the legend BR(E) 9687. The LNER clock records show that this clock was last in use at, Grantham Station Parcels Office and was GNR clock number 771.