The British Railway Clock Specialist
12 inch Mahogany cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the Southern Region in 1952 by Grimshaw, Baxter & Elliott Ltd at a cost of £8-3-4d. The quality English wire driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition and has rectangular plates, which are held together by screwed cylindrical pillars. A mahogany case with a four piece turned surround held onto the back box with four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical 20th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass turn. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, John Walker, 1 South Molton St London B.R.(S) 11191. The Southern Railway clock records show this clock as last in use at Holborn Station, Police Office.