The British Railway Clock Specialist
14 inch Oak cased iron dial fusee railway clock with a spun brass bezel supplied to the Southern Railway in 1939 by Grimshaw, Baxter & Elliott Ltd at a cost of £3-14-6d. The quality English chain driven fusee movement in fully overhauled condition has rectangular plates, which are held together by screwed cylindrical pillars. A Oak case with a four piece turned surround affixed to the back box by two battens with four tapered pegs, the back box is of typical 20th century design with one side door and a bottom door secured by a brass turn, the back of the box is stamped 10359. An enamel painted iron dial with Roman numerals and bearing the legend, John Walker, 1 South Molton St London S.R. 10359. The Southern Railway clock records show that this clock was located at, New Hythe Station Platform. New Cross was a former SECR station between Snodland and Aylesford in Kent.